Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tim's Tattoo Concept



A good friend of mine asked me to do a tattoo concept for him a while ago involving A Samurai taking on some ninjas. How could I say no. The specific story is that of "Lone Wolf and Cub" I'm thinking of calling the painting "Perambulator by the Mountain of Death!" Seems appropriate. This project took sometime to find the right reference and to just come to terms with whether I wanted and all out crazy battle or a face off. I compromised and chose a scene between the initial confrontation with the Ninjas. The first one has attacked and been killed and the other two are holding their ground with the knowledge that they are "fucked" because they are facing a far superior and fearless opponent. I chose to color this drawing with watercolor a reason it took so long and I tried some experimentation with under-coloring. The Photo taken here is bad and I will try and update with a better version. Also I have a whack of prelim sketches and photo's of Tim posing for reference. I be posting those real soon.

No comments: