Friday, July 16, 2010

Ramnocerous Final

Ramnocerous

Final painting for Deviant Art: Winnipeg Art Group project. Sketched on paper scanned in and painted over the span of a week on my off time.

I'm happy with my digital painting progress and I'm thankful for projects like this that give me a reason to do paintings like this.

I absolutely love the digital medium it really opens the boundaries of traditional mediums, in both mess and time. On the flip side I can't wait to get my oil paints back out and continue on my Folkfest series.

I hope the summer is going well for everyone. Mine has sped by with renovations to my new home my wife and child and work. I'm still trying to get out into the sun on the occasion and slow down every now and then, it is important for my health and my sanity.

No comments: