Friday, October 19, 2007

Quick Self Portrait


Here is a self portrait I did over lunch yesterday.
It's a bit rough but I am glad to see some progress in my all digital sketching style. Using layers to do under-sketches and refining the drawing on another layer then colorizing. It was good fun. I just joined an illustration forum and I needed and avatar so it was a good reason to do a self portrait. I like using photoshop but I must admit I am become a big illustrator fan, can't wait to attempt some flash animation work.

Oh! Thanks to anybody who comes and checks out my blog. I have developed into a bit of a recluse since I started school. I thought that I would re-emerge into the world with a vengeance after school was done. This has not been the case however, as I become a better artist and illustrator, I actually feel compelled to stay in and draw more, or go out and draw more. So just for the record, for all you guys I just never see anymore. I'm around and I'll be in touch again. Right now life is just crazy though. I'm expecting it to calm down after July.

2 comments:

Adrian J.K. Shum, CGD said...

Anytime you want to go out sketching or perhaps do a drop-in life study at the WAG studios, let me know! I'm totally IN!

Andrew said...

Jim-Jam, if you're not too busy next Saturday (Oct 27) you and Beth should come to the Academy on Osborne (ex-freehouse) to see the Honeybuckets and two other excellent bands.

keep up the great work!