Friday, August 12, 2011

Beaker: Painting Process

So here is my painting process.

I primed a board and sketched the image onto it freehand from a sketch I had done prior. I will post my sketch variations in the next couple of days.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a shot of the sketch before I applied the blue wash. So then I applied a blue wash I'm not sure how much influence it actually had over the painting as the oils have a high level of opacity. I did it none the less.

Beaker_process_2
Beaker_process_1

I then started to knock in the background colours.

Beaker_process_4
Beaker_process_3

I then blocked in the main Beacker colours and then started to work in the various light to dark contrasts.

Beaker_process_6
Beaker_process_5
Beaker_process_8
Beaker_process_7

All of this was done in my basement and in my kitchen between the hours of 9PM and 12AM. As I mentioned previously I will post the original sketches soon. If anyone has any specific questions about my process please leave a comment. Constructive criticism is also welcome.

No comments: