Friday, October 31, 2008

Home Made Sketchbook


This is a home made sketchbook I made out of a pack of paper I got at a Coast paper show. It was just sitting around so I thought I might put it to some use. I took some heavy cardboard stock from a tracing paper pad and made a cover folded the 8.5 x 11 paper in half and voila a sketchbook. Really more of a sketch notebook. It last a while because I usually have 2-3 sketchbooks on the go. This one lasted me almost on year.

I finished it two days ago and have started using a moleskin. Moleskin is a great product but I feel bad for them because I'm so into making my own. I bought three to see how they put there product together. I'm convinced I can do just as well for myself. But it's good to know that in a pinch I can go to McNally Robinson's and pick a couple up. I am enjoying the notebook version I'm using at the moment. It has a cardboard cover and looks very durable. The real benefit of these books is they have rounded corners which help reduce wear and tear and they have a solid sewn saddle binding which makes it extremely hard for pages to fall out.

So for those of you not willing to construct your own books. Please go and try a moleskin they are a quality product.

No comments: