Saturday, June 27, 2009

Shihan Beltran Caricature


Hey Everybody!

Hey Dr. James!

This is a caricature I did for my Shihan. I drew it, refined it and colored it entirely in Adobe Illustrator. It is something I have been working on to save time. Usually I work from a sketch I scanned in. I like my pencil sketches a lot and they do not suffer from the disconnect of using a tablet. Someday when tablet/screen technology is more affordable I think that will be less of a problem.

The only problem with working in a digital medium for something like this is I'm on the computer for 8-9 hours a day at work. So I don't feel like staring at a computer any longer after that for my personal work.

What the guys at Wacom need to do is develop a screen that is only very slightly back lit and gives you a sense of what a printed product would look like. It would also be much easier on the eyes.

I actually have lots of stuff to post I just have been so involved with my projects at my new job I have neglected my blog. I can only state I will do my best to post some more random stuff here for you in the future.

2 comments:

Adrian J.K. Shum, CGD said...

Looking forward to seeing whatever you've got for us! Fear not, for I too am guilty of 'blog-neglect'... I understand your feelings entirely. ;P

Great caricature! Osu!

James said...

Yes we are brothers in that respect. I do miss your blogs though so anytime you wanna get back on that horse, you will here no complaints from me.