Sunday, November 11, 2007

Masks



Today Beth and I went to a friend of hers from work. His name is Ryan and he makes all sorts of crafts out of leather. Beth and I went to learn how to make masks out of leather. It was great not only was Ryan a cool guy but we had a great time working on the masks mine I drew up on the bus ride, Beth had drawn up a couple of idea's a couple of days previous. Here are some pics of the masks we did. Beth's reminds me of leaves and fire. Mine is kind of angry looking and has these looping lamb ears that hook behind my own ears. I'm very proud of what I made. I'm excited to find some time to hang out with ryan again and learn how to dye the masks.

1 comment:

Adrian J.K. Shum, CGD said...

Damn! That is SO COOL! I'm very keen to know more... how does the mask hold its shape? I'm looking forward to seeing the end results... keep us posted!