Monday, October 31, 2011

Just Some Steampunk Western Kids

Steampunk-Kids

Just some steampunk kids I sketched up the other night. I had not drawn all day and I was not warmed up. That is why they look so static. But I believe very strongly in posting my failures here as well as the drawings I'm proud of. I think I can pull something positive out of these sketches and that is that each of these characters has potential so I may give each of these blokes and lasses a page so I can work on costume and pose.

I'm becoming a huge fan of the author Cherie Priest she writes steampunk but from a North American perspective. I love the British stuff very much, don't get me wrong, but I love the frontier and imagining how the steampunk would have impacted the wilder areas of the world.

More sketches coming and maybe some final artwork in a bit as well.

Oh... I also made it to the Central Canada Comicon this weekend. I Helped tend to a friends table in Artists Alley and pushed Kayak on unsuspecting comic fans. I Saw a Catwoman who was practically popping out of her costume, and caught a glimpse of the Shatner.

I Hope to get my own Table set up next year. I just have to have something to sell other than a great attitude and near perfect teeth.

1 comment:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Static or not, they look great, James!! :) Love them.