Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sketchbook Project Page4

SP_page4

Page number four from my sketchbook project. I'm having a blast with this project. Here's an update on the art front, I have not had any time to do traditional painting. This is stalling my FolkFest series which saddens me because I really like the progress I was making. I do have access to digital media and sketchbooks though so I am still staying sharp in some respects. I have just taken part in a collaborative project started by Justin Currie that involves a bunch of local winnipeg artists drawing creatures of various sizes them placing them in order of who eats who. I think it is a great idea and have just completed my creature and sent it off. I'll post it here soon for you to view. Well I have a few more happy thoughts to sketch up so I'll talk to you all real soon.

Oh! also, my artwork for my second submission to Mail Me Art will be going up for auction July 30th. Thanks to Tim Curley who purchased my work last time. Only negative to that was Mail Me Art sent the work to him prior to the auction. so this time my work will go up in the Gallery in London, England. Very exciting. I'll keep you all posted as to whether or not the painting makes it into the second book they are going to publish.

No comments: